Looking for the perfect handmade Christmas gift to make for your sister, Mom, or bestie? I’ve gotcha covered. MAKE THIS!!!
Ponchos are back in style, and let me just tell you – this poncho is all sorts of AWESOME. Fully reversible, this poncho is the perfect cover up for looking chic while on the go. It looks fantastic over those Christmas dresses, when using fancy fabric – or just for keeping warm on the soccer sidelines when using fleece. Sew up a reversible poncho in under an hour or two, one for you and one for a friend!
I have a not-so-secret desire to make these reversible in rival college team sports fleece fabric for a few ‘house divided’ married friends we have (Ohio State vs. Penn State anyone?! Gators vs. Seminols? LOL).
How to sew a reversible poncho
This was a paid content post first seen on Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores Creative Spark blog. Jo-Ann paid for the post content to be published on their website. All instructions and photos are my own. Thank you!
REVERSIBLE PONCHO DIY
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Time Needed: 2 – 3 hours
- 2.5 yds mid-heavy weight fashion fabric for exterior
- 2.5 yds mid-heavy weight fashion fabric for lining
- Coordinating thread
- Rotary cutter / fabric scissors
- Cutting mat
- Universal regular point sewing needle
- Measuring tape
- Basic sewing essentials
FABRIC SEEN IN PHOTOS:
- Tan and black windowpane medium weight knit fashion fabric (found in-store at your local Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Store)
- Knit Apparel Fabric-Quilted Diamond Black Knit
And you are finished!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…