Maybe you’ve noticed that I have been gone for a bit, and maybe you haven’t. Lol – either way, it is all good. My website got hacked, and obviously it took time to fix that. (I apologize if you saw any unsavory websites during that time while trying to visit my page.) But we are now officially up and running again, and we can get back to our normally scheduled program…
Except I can’t. Not yet really.
Life has been calling lately, which has meant that my blog has had to take a back seat for a while. Between friends and family having new babies, buying new homes, and taking a new child under our roof for a while…priorities had to shift. But that is just life, am I right? We all go through busier, and less busier times.
I have also felt a new calling on my life to do something different work-related, and have been focusing my work-related attention elsewhere lately because of it. A refocus of energy, the blog is taking a back seat to these other driving forces in my life. Which is actually a major turning point for me. For the longest time, I would’ve balked over the thought of making my blog work take a back seat. But the thing is, thanks to you guys, I have hit my goals. Every goal I set out for myself before God, I not only hit – but far surpassed. Which has left me wandering around a bit aimlessly for the past year. I needed a new vision, I needed to find my WHY again.
Why was I doing what I was doing? Does that make sense? I love teaching, and I absolutely adore hearing from you guys – it seriously warms my heart each and every time. But I started to feel as though I was missing my vision.
I needed to find my ‘why’ again – and with that, the ‘what’ would come. After a lot of listening, and praying, and reading – my answer has come. The funny thing is, it never comes the way you think it will. Which means my focus has shifted. I am devoting almost all of my extra energy onto this new ‘what’, and once that is over – I can return to the blog on a more full time basis. I wish I could tell you what it is, and I will…when the time is right :). Just know it has been weeks of absolute devotion and working, lots of praying – and lots of affirmations, guidance, and help exactly when I need it.
In the meantime, I don’t want to disappear completely. So I will be sure to stop by in here, and share what I can. Like these nesting baskets!!! I made them for my brother and sister-in-law who BOUGHT THEIR FIRST HOUSE TOGETHER, woo hoo!!! I am so excited for them. To see my brother, who has completely turned his life around, doing something so amazing. It just absolutely fills me with joy and pride for him. Naturally, they needed a handmade housewarming gift to celebrate.
HOW TO MAKE NESTING BASKETS
Free nesting baskets sewing pattern
Time needed: 2 hours
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
- Nesting baskets free pattern, click HERE to download
- 1 yd. home decor fabric – exterior
- 1 yd. home decor fabric – interior
- 1 yd. mid-weight interfacing
- 20″ of 3/4″ thick rope
- (4) 3/4″ wide grommets
- Basic sewing essentials
HOW TO SEW A NESTING BASKET:
Print out pattern pieces as indicated, and tape together. Cut out basket size needed, and cut from fabric. Following the instructions on the interfacing, adhere to the wrong side of your lining.
- Fold exterior fabric in half, right sides together, matching up the top edges. Pin outer side edges and sew. Press seams. Repeat for lining.
- Line your seam so that it is in the center of the side opening underneath your side edges. Pin and sew. Repeat for lining.
- Slip lining inside of exterior, right sides together, matching up seams. Pin around, leaving a 4″ opening for turning. Sew.
- Turn right side out by pulling basket through opening. Push lining inside of basket. If desired, pull the lining up and over the top edge, to create a faux bias tape edged look. Pin opening closed and sew around.
For rope handled baskets, simply:
- Following the instructions on your grommet setter, place grommets on both upper sides of baskets where indicated.
- Insert rope into grommet, and tie a knot to secure.
And you are finished!
Makes the perfect hand sewn housewarming gift. Simply stuff with goodies, and hand deliver! 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…