Need a last minute basket for Easter? I was looking at this bright, beautiful cardstock paper I had sitting on my desk when it dawned on me. It would be REALLY EASY to turn this paper into a cute little basket. Perfect for little ones, helpful on the budget, and certainly much better for the environment then using a plastic basket! The best part? They take about 1 minute to make…and I am not kidding at all. Seriously folks, these baskets are suuuuuuuper easy to make. All you is 12″ cardstock paper, and a stapler.
How to make a paper basket.
- 2 pieces of 12″ cardstock
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER BASKET:
- Lay the ruler flat from one corner of the paper, diagonal to the opposite corner. Draw a 5″ straight line from the corner. Repeat for all 4 corners.
- Cut where marked.
- From the cut line, pull the corners in together to one side. Staple in place.
- Repeat for all corners / sides until you have a basket shape.
- Cut a 3″ strip of paper.
- Staple to opposite sides of the basket to secure.
And you are done!
Fill with goodies and watch their faces light up with joy.
I made these baskets for my kids for a surprise picnic, filling them with each of their favorite snacks. Its amazing how packaging can turn plain old potato chips and fruit slices into the most special gift ever. Great craft idea for a lazy summer afternoon!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…