I recently posted a picture to Instagram of this new adjustable 3 position rotary cutter from Fiskars®. For some reason, the shape of this rotary cutter just absolutely tickled me. Based on your comments, it tickled you too! Not only that, but you asked to see a review. I happened to agree with you, and thought a review was a very good idea. So here goes!
How to use a rotary cutter.
Fiskars® adjustable 3 blade position rotary cutter review.
- Swivels into 3 separate positions for optimum cutting of various weight fabrics.
- Cuts really well through lots of fabric, including multiple layers of heavy-weight canvas and leather.
- Handle positioning allows for easy cutting of heavy weight fabrics.
- Regular blade position for normal rotary cutting is easy to use.
- Ergonomic handle position for when you are doing long periods of cutting fabrics.
- Rotary cutter swivels into different positions so that it can works for both left and right handed people.
- Safety features in place for blade replacement.
- Cost is between $5 – $10 more expensive the regular rotary cutter.
- Ergonomic position requires getting used to.
I really loved using the adjustable blade in the normal position, as well as the over handle position for heavy-weight fabrics. The ergonomic position was awkward for me to hold, but I can see how it would be helpful if you are cutting multiple pieces of fabric for long periods of time. Furthermore, the ergonomic position would also afford a better view of precisely what you are cutting, as you have a full side view. But it took a while for my hand to get used to the new position.
My favorite feature had to be the over-handle feature. It allowed me to fully put my weight behind the cutter so that the heavy weight fabrics shifted less, and would cut straight through. It was FABULOUS. I cannot imagine moving the cutter handle into any other position as I loved it so much.
Is it a super cool tool that you will enjoy? YES. Is it absolutely necessary for you to own? No. But like I said, it is super cool. And I truly think you will enjoy the over-handle position. It sure makes cutting those heavy weight fabrics, or multiple layers of fabrics easier!!! A definitely birthday wish list item.
I hope this review helps! I had a lot of fun doing it, as you can probably see in the video – lol.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…happy sewing!