There is nothing that rings in Fall quite like hot apple cider. Just the smell of this delicious drink brings me right back to my childhood days of apple picking and fresh, hot donuts. Now that we live in Virginia Beach, it is a little bit harder to come by this hot beverage. So I decided to make my own version…for adults. Spiked cider, the perfect accompaniment for knitting or sewing in front of the fireplace with friends.
Want to make a family friendly version? Simple leave out the alcohol.
Stitcher’s Cider || A spiked crock pot hot apple cider recipe.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1.5 cups apple brandy -or- spiced rum
- 1.5 tsp ground cinammon, or 4 cinammon sticks
- 1.5 tsp ground all spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Add all ingredients into the crock pot. If using cinnamon sticks, cut sticks in half.
- Stir well, until all spices are blended in.
- Cover and slow cook on high for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Stir well, and serve. Enjoy!
To print the recipe, right click on the image below and save. Print.