I love the holidays. Everything just feels so warm and cozy in a house decorated with lights and Christmas greenery. It just feels sort of…magical. My absolute favorite thing to do this time of year is sit in front of a crackling fireplace when all is quiet at night, and just enjoy the view. But of course as you know, as a seamstress (or as a Mother, wife, sister, brother, or human being), things can get kind of stressful as well. With the handmade holiday requests, our personal handmade holiday to-make list, handmade decorations, all on top of our normal holiday activities and more – sometimes we need to just unwind.
So I came up with some fun drinks that are perfect for your next relaxing evening in front of the fire, holiday party, or sewing and crafting get together. Because sometimes, we just need to sit with our embroidery, quilting, or sewing and enjoy a nice glass of fruity wine with friends. Today we will start with ‘Seamstress Sangria’…yum.
Seamstress Sangria Recipe.
- One bottle fruity red wine
- 4 ounces brandy
- 3 ounces Simple Syrup
- Fruit: Limes, lemons, maraschino cherries, cranberries
- In a pitcher, fill the bottom quarter with ice.
- Add the wine, brandy, and Simple Syrup.
- Cut fruit up into slices, and add your desired amount to the pitcher.
- Allow sangria to chill for 5 minutes, then serve.
To print the recipe, right click on the image below and save. Print.