Looking for a fun way to punch up your plain shirt? How about adding sequin shoulders! A great way to stay comfortable, while still looking dressed up for any occasion. I wore mine to the Friday night mini parties at Alt Summit and got loads of compliments. The best part? Nobody knew just how EASY it was to make! Like seriously, less than 10 minutes.
Let me show you how. (PS – no sewing machine required).
Sequin Shoulder DIY.
- Shirt you want to embellish
- Sequin Applique (I got mine HERE, it comes in silver or black).
- Pins, needle and thread, scissors
- Gather supplies as listed.
- Place sequin appliqué in desired location on shirt. Pin loosely around the side edges.
- Using a needle and thread, whipstitch around the side edges of the appliqué directly onto the shirt.
And you are finished!
It looks fantastic, and it only took you one half of a Disney cartoon to whip up. I think the exact words my husband used when I asked him to photograph me were, “You look amazing!!!”.
That might or might not have been because he has seen me in nothing but yoga pants for the past 2 weeks. Dang winter weather and sickness cramping my style. HA!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…