I’ll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!
Looking for a cute, no carve pumpkin idea this Halloween? How about giving an homage to everyone’s favorite witch, the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. I remember watching this movie every year as a kid with my family, and being petrified when Dorothy walked through those woods. When the Wicked Witch stood on top of the house throwing fire, or when the apple trees came alive – yikes! I remember the joy I would feel when the Lollipop kids would sing their song, and I still chant ‘Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My’ from time to time. Some movies, they just stick with us forever. And with so many kids dressing up as Dorothy, why not pay homage to this timeless classic in a fun new way.
Witch Legs, with Free Pattern and Printable
- Fat Quarter Red & White Striped Fabric
- Rectangle of Black Craft Felt
- Witch Leg Pattern Pieces found HERE
- Basic Sewing Essentials
- Print out Pattern Pieces, and cut out fabric as specified. Pin the foot to the bottom of the leg, with the rounded leg curve matching up with the bottom of the foot. Sew the top of the foot to the leg (where pinned). Repeat for all 4 legs and feet, making sure to do mirror images.
- Place (2) legs right sides together, and pin around. Sew, leaving the top of the leg open. Clip seams. Repeat for other leg.
- Turn right side out, using a blunt pointed object to gently push out corners. Fill with polyfil. Sew top edge closed. Repeat for other leg.
Slip underneath your pumpkin and you are done!
Want the fun printable to pin to your pumpkin?
Click the image below to save it to your computer for printing! Then simply scale the image to the size you want and print it out. I used a pushpin to attach it to my pumpkin. But I am sure you can think of something more fun, like cool washi tape.
As always with printables, I suggest printing it out on a heavier card stock. I only had regular paper on hand – which is what I used. But the nicer card stock will hold up better outdoors. And laminate it if you want the paper to stand up against rain!!!
And for the record…I still consider Judy Garland to be one of the best singers of all time. Just saying.
As always, thank you so much for stopping by and until next time…