I am loving the trend towards easy leather jewelry lately, and with Valentine’s Day around the corner I simply needed to jump on board. After all, what could be more awesome than GOLD leather geometric jewelry? The leather geometric heart necklace is easy to craft, and makes the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Make one for the modern Mom, your teenager, your sister, or for a friend! The perfect afternoon jewelry craft.
Leather Geometric Heart Necklace
Making a leather geometric heart necklace is actually really easy, taking less than 30 minutes to craft. You will need the following materials…
- 4″ Square Leather
- Jump Rings
- 32″ necklace chain
- Xacto Knife
- Leather Hole Punch
- Cutting Mat
- Ruler (not shown)
- Pen (not shown)
- Using a ruler, cut around leather to form an angled ‘heart’ with straight edges.
- Cut heart into various geometric triangles and diamond pieces.
- Using a pen, match up the heart sides and mark dots along the corresponding edges where you want the jump rings to line up.
- Punch out holes where you marked using a leather hole puncher.
- Don’t forget to punch out 2 holes along the top of your heart points (for attaching the necklace later). You will now have this.
- Using your pliers, gently open up the jump ring.
- Use the jump rings to connect the leather pieces via the coordinating holes, and use the pliers to close.
- We will now attach the necklace chain.
- Attach a jump ring to the top of the heart point, to 1 end of the necklace chain.
- Repeat for the other side, and you are finished!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by and until next time…