Are you sewing along this week for the Fall Kids Clothes Week Challenge?
I am having loads of fun watching what is coming in through the hashtag #kcw on Instagram, and of course checking out the community projects page to see what people are uploading daily! Everyone is so talented, and your kids are so stinking cute!!! I was able to sew a little on Monday, getting in on the KCW Challenge!
KCW – Day 1
Self Drafted Star Pajamas, with Minion Hat
I had Scandinavian Style on the brain as I was making these pajamas, and really wanted bright and bold colors! The knit fabric was found at my local Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores, with the hat being made out of anti-pill fleece.
- Pajama Sewing Tutorial – Self drafted. See comparable sewing pattern here.
- Pajama Fabric – Pique knit fabric for pajama main fabric, interlock used for bias around neckline, and sleeves & hem.
- Hat Sewing Tutorial – Self drafted. Possible pattern / tutorial to come.
- Hat Fabric – anti-pill Fleece
- Sewing Machine: Bernina 350 PE, Stitch: Double Overlock Stitch No. 8 & Straight Stitch (No serger was used)
Winner winner chicken dinner. Ben literally wouldn’t take the minion hat off, and kept hugging it when he did. I am pretty sure he think HE IS a minion. Have I mentioned yet that our entire family is going to be minions for Halloween? Me included? Yeah…that is happening.
1 minion hat down, 4 to go.
That’s enough photos of my cutie patootie for the day. Pajamas in public? Why not.
Be sure to hop on over to Kids Clothes Week to see all of the awesomeness going on over there. It is pretty freaking fantastic.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…