Have you met the Sally Dress yet?
When Shannon of luvinthemommyhood and Very Shannon contacted me about her new Sally Dress ePattern, it was instant love. At first glance, the Sally Dress looks like a classic. Which of course is fantastic all in itself, we all need pattern staples. But when you take a closer look and see the details, it is truly sensational. It is the details that set this dress pattern apart from others.
I lovety love the pivoting shoulder seam. This tiny little detail in itself would have made me purchase this dress. And it came together absolutely beautifully. My daughter chose this dress to wear for her birthday this past September, made in her latest favorite colors, blues and greens.
Things I loved about this Dress Pattern:
- The pivoting shoulder seam.
- The various sleeve options, which make it perfect for slightly colder temperatures.
- The options for varying the pattern to your fabric desires (different color pockets, skirt and bodice, etc).
- Easy to read, and clear instructions with lots of graphics.
- No buttonholes, zippers or other closures to worry about.
- Helpful tips along the way while sewing.
- Did I mention the pivoting shoulder seams? Really, I love that.
- And the ginormous pockets that allow for ride along stuffed animals / journals / dolls / etc.
Furthermore, the pattern instructions taught me new tips and techniques for the bodice preparation which I will be able to use going forward for future sewing projects. I always love furthering my sewing knowledge base.
Overall, I adored working with the Sally Dress. It was easy to sew together, and my daughter adored it. I call that a win / win!
Be sure to see the rest of the stops on the Sally Dress Pattern Tour, there have been some gorgeous creations along the way! So far, I have particularly loved Caila Made’s version, as well as Girl Like the Sea’s.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…