Looking for a quick 15 minute Halloween Craft that will have your kids smiling in no time? How about a ‘Boogie Monster’ Tissue Holder? This kid friendly Halloween project is perfect for helping keep those sniffles at bay in the cooler season, while still celebrating in the fun! The best part – they only take 15 minutes to make!
Boogie Monster Tissue Holder DIY
How to Sew a Boogie Monster Tissue Holder
- Sticky Back Stiff Felt
- Basic Sewing Essentials (pins or binder clips, sewing machine, thread, needle, etc.)
- Cut felt into 6″ x 7″ piece.
- Cut out eyeballs, teeth, tongues, and various monster felt pieces from different felt colors.
- Fold over rectangle of felt, with wrong side together, so that outer edges meet in middle.
- Sew along outer edges, where the binder clips are, at 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Peel the sticky backs from your cut out monster pieces. Attach to tissue holder on the same side as the opening in the felt.
- And you are finished! Insert travel size tissues into the monster’s ‘mouth’.
Make as many as you can and give away as party favors, Halloween gifts, or just for fun! After all, with the fall festivities typically comes cold season…
My daughter loves her girl version, and has already asked if I can make her a ‘unicorn tissue holder’ next. haha.
Anything, as long as it stops her from wiping her nose on her sleeves.
Looking for some DIY Halloween Costume Inspiration?
Below is a round up of some fun Halloween Costume sewing tutorials for kids to help you get you in the spirit this season…
- How to Make Easy Bird Wings – very little sewing involved.
- How to Craft A Flower Halloween Costume – Beginner Sewing Level.
- No Sew Princess Dress.
- Maxi Tutu turned Fairy Princess Halloween Costume.
- Detachable Cape SuperHero Costume.
- Rapunzel Halloween Costume – Intermediate Sewing Level.
- Easy Nesting Dolls Halloween Costume – perfect for sibling costumes!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…