You can make an easy twig boat this Summer using some scrap fabric and a handful of twigs. Your kids will love making their very own toy boat, and you will be cleaning up your yard. Its kind of like a win / win.
Twig Boat DIY
- Heavy duty scissors
- 2 fabric squares
- Wire or strong thread
- Phoomph for fabric
- Unpeel the covering of the Phoomph and place 1 Charm Fabric Square on the sticky side. Repeat for other Charm Fabric Square on the other sticky side of your Phoomph, directly underneath.
- Cut Phoomph to size.
- Using your metal wire or strong thread, start weaving around the ends of your twigs, going around and around each twig to secure them together.
- Repeat until you have your desired boat width.
- Repeat this weaving process in the middle of the boat, this will help really secure the twigs together and help it to become less ‘floppy’.
- In the middle of the boat, place a longer twig directly in between 2 of your twigs, sticking up. Secure around the top and bottom with your wire.
- Loop one more wire weaving around the very end of your twigs. You will now have 3 rows of wire across the entire width of your bottom, the top, middle, and bottom.
- Using your scissors or a hole puncher, punch 2 holes in the top and bottom center of your Fabric Square.
- Push the Fabric Square holes through the twig that stands up in the middle, and you are done!
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time…