Their looks were so innovative and fantastic week after week, and they kept true to their sense of style for each challenge. You knew it was their product, simply by looking at the photos! And lets talk about their photos – incredible! I am pretty sure they need to teach a class on sewing vintage modern looks, as well as photographing said looks on kids! They have such a unique flair, and they truly impressed me time after time! I am a huge fan!
So congratulations again! You guys were awesome!
Week One was ‘Back to School‘…
- Simple Simon & Co.’s Dick & Jane was absolutely fantastic, and the perfect way to start off the competition! My favorite part may have been the fact that they turned the dress pattern around to make the jacket – Genius!
- I also fell in love with Happy Together’s design. Jessica’s jacket was so cute, and you know how I love me a good jacket!
- Lastly, Made by Lex had the cutest little girl’s outfit. Could this girl be any cooler with her mix-matched combo? Those shorts were to die for!
Week Two was the ‘Sienna Dress Remix‘…
- iCandy was surfer chic with their interpretation of the Sienna Dress – the button back detail was fantastic in this design. And I simple love the color combo and cool style.
- And Alida from I Make Stuff won this challenge with her super sophisticated Royal Coat! She hand felted that entire jacket…ah-may-zing!
Week Three was ‘For the Boy‘…
- Once again Alida from I Make Stuff knocked it out of the ballpark. I love that she had a skateboarder theme, she was totally unique this week. And her Star Wars shirt was awesome!
- iCandy, oh iCandy – this was quite simply…INCREDIBLE!!! Working with real leather to refashion this jacket for their little boy. I don’t even want to know how many needles you broke / went through! And then to add a helmet to boot…absolutely blew me away!
- And of course, Simple Simon. This look was so artfully done – between the pajamas and the photos, just fantastic.
Week Four was the ‘Upcycle Challenge‘…
- I loved this petal dress by iCandy, it was just so pretty. And you know my daughter loved it! I can see this dress being used by so many flower girls for weddings, it is just beautiful.
- And once again Simple Simon knocked everyone out of the water with their Breakfast at Tiffany’s look! All I can say is…cigarette pants. Oh my – I sooooo want these!
Week Five was ‘Halloween and Harvest‘…
- Simple Simon‘s Carl & Ellie?! Hello – they even got inside the UP House! Just kill me already!
- And let’s just talk about I Make Stuff’s feather headdress on Cruella here…FAN-TAS-TIC!
Week Six Finale ‘Signature Look‘…
- Alida truly made a fantastic final look. I loved I Make Stuff’s philosophy on what a child’s look should be about – and her bright and colorful look caught my eye right away!
- And of course, Simple Simon. I saw their final entry and just started packing my bags…there was just no stopping them this Season – and they truly deserved to win. Their vintage couture was absolutely phenomenal, and true til the end!
Every week I swore up and down that I was going home. I would look at the post each Friday and just about die over what I saw, and feel like my looks didn’t even come close to everyone else’s. Everyone who competed was so incredible, their talent just absolutely blew me away week after week! The fact that I made it to the Finals is truly because of you guys, my readers.
Thank you so much for your support and votes throughout this competition. Without you or my family, I never would have been able to endure the last 6 torturous weekends of checking, and rechecking, and checking one more time, the voting statistics every 5 minutes…lol, I am not kidding!
Just for you – here is a round up of all of my looks over the course of the six weeks, and what got me to the Finals…
And as a way of saying thank you, I plan on trying to make tutorials for each and every look you saw. I have already completed Week 1 & Week 2, which you can find below:
- Week 1 – Perfectly Fitting Circle Skirt
- Week 1 – Circle Bags
- Week 1 – Tiffany Shrug
- Week 2 – Reverse Applique
- Week 2 – Sienna Jumper
- Week 2 – Sienna Hoodie
And in the weeks to come, I hope to finish rolling out the tutorials for the remaining looks.
For all of your support – reading my blog, commenting, voting, your thoughts and prayers…