Every mother loves personalized jewelry. We love the birthstone gifts, the gifts with our baby’s names on them, or even the inspirational quotes about motherhood. Wearing these pieces reminds us of the absolute love we have for our children, and just how adored we are as mothers. So when Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores asked me to come up with a strung beads project for their Mother’s Day newsletter – it was an absolute no brainer.
The kicker? I decided to make something for myself. Ha! This Momma wanted some new jewelry…is that wrong? Lol
On a side note – my own mother is actually an incredible jewelry designer! She has gifted me with some of the most beautiful pieces over the years, and every time I wear them I get asked, “where did you buy that?”. So shout out to my Mom – who will always be my number one one-of-a-kind jewelry designer :).
Hand Stamped Mother’s Day Necklace DIY
This was a paid content post linked to from the Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores Newsletter. Jo-Ann paid for the post, and I came up with the creative content. All instructions and photos are my own. If you don’t already, you can sign up to receive the Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores Newsletter and be among the first to receive deals and sewing inspiration. Thank you!
(affiliate links included)
- ‘Made with Love’ Charms
- Monogram Charms
- Blue Moon Story Locket
- Blue Moon Charms
- Blue Moon Necklace Chain
- Scrap leather
- Leather stamping kit
- Leather rotary hole punch
- Jewelry pliers
- Jump Rings
- Attach the ‘made with love’ charm to one of the small charms. Use the jewelry pliers to gently open the small charm jump ring, and slip the ‘made with love’ charm on the jump ring. Bring the jump ring ends back together using the pliers.
- Use your jewelry pliers to remove the jump rings from the top of the alphabet monogram charms. Open up the ‘story locket’, and slip monograms inside. Close the story locket.
- Cut a piece of scrap leather to size, using a rotary cutter and ruler. Following the instructions on your alphabet leather stamping kit, stamp the name desired onto your strip of leather.
- Punch a small hole in the top of your leather name badge, and insert a jump ring.
- Attach all of the charms to your necklace using jump rings, and you are finished!
It’s handmade AND it is personalized for Mom with children’s initials. That is not only a win, it is a touchdown of epic proportions.
So tell me, if not jewelry – what are you making for your Mom this Mother’s Day?
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…happy sewing!