As a sewing lover, you know.
There are just some things only a sewing lover would understand. You want to talk to your real life BFF about the newly released fabric line, or the ill-fitting pattern you just made…but their eyes would start glazing over if you did. So instead you are left to sit there and think about it. Just for fun, we’ve compiled a list of things only people obsessed with sewing would understand.
You know you love sewing when….
1. You are out shopping at the store, and your first thought is, ‘I can totally make that.‘
2. It may be a mess, but its YOUR organized mess.
3. You are in the middle of a conversation with someone and find yourself daydreaming about fabric, or your next sewing project, or the sale at the fabric store.
4. You carry fabric coupons in your purse. Or at least you used to before you got a smart phone. Don’t lie – the local fabric stores all have your mailing address and you still get the flyers in your mailbox every couple of weeks. Now you get text messages from them on your phone too.
5. You fondle textiles.
6. Which is part of the reason why you agonize over buying fabric on-line. Because you can’t touch them first.
7. You can never have enough sewing patterns.
8. Same goes for fabric. Until you need your own moving van to transport it all…then it might be too much. But until then, party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
9. You notice when stripes don’t meet up at the side seam.
10. There is a pair of pants sitting in the corner, that has been waiting to be hemmed for over 4 months.
11. You DVR Project Runway.
12. Some people call it the thrift store, you call it a fabric fashion mecca of discount awesomeness.
13. You understand the universal wonder of the pillowcase dress. How is it possible that one item of clothing can fit a child for so dang long?!! The world may never know.
14. You have your own list of ‘sewlebrities’. As in, the rest of the world doesn’t know who Amy Butler is…but you would probably totally freak out if you ever met her in real life. Then photograph it and totally IG it to all of your unsuspecting friends. #imetAmyButler #OMG #dying
15. It’s hard to part with a quilt. Maybe if I just lay on it a little bit longer…
16. You’ve been caught turning an article of clothing inside out in a store, just to see how it was constructed.
17. Looking at wallpaper makes you think of fabric. And you might have considering mod-podging your walls with your latest fabric obsession. Not your walls? Ok…maybe just your shoes then.
18. Working at a fabric store is NOT AN OPTION for you. Your pay check would never live to see the light of day.
19. Hang out with friends? Stay home and sew? Hang out with friends? Stay home and sew??? If only the decision were simple.
20. You’ve been scared of getting caught sewing in your underwear by the UPS man. We’ve all found ourselves sewing in our skivvies at some point in our life, you are not alone.